Bobby's Heating &
Dependable, Quality Service
About Bobby's Heating & Cooling, LLC
Bobby's Heating & Cooling, LLC is owned and operated by Bobby Shelton right here in Morgantown, WV. Bobby began his HVAC career after graduating from Carver Career and Technical Center in 2004. He worked as an installer for a successful HVAC company in Charleston, WV and was then transitioned from installer to Service Technician and quickly promoted to Lead Sevice Technician. Bobby's favorite part of his job is spending time with his customers, helping them to understand their systems and explaining ways to help them keep their systems running at peak performance. After relocating to Morgantown, Bobby again took a job as a Service Technician for a local company. However, he soon found he wasn't allowed the time he liked to spend with his customers. So, he decided to start his own company. Since we started our business in 2010, customer service has been our #1 priority! Other companies may offer similar services, but our services are the best, and come with a personal touch.
Interested in learning more?
For Your Air Conditioning System
- Take a temperature reading in the middle of the room where your thermostat is installed. Then take the temperature of the air coming our of your register. There should be a difference of approximately 20 degrees between the two temperatures. Anything less than a 20 degree difference could mean your system is not running at it's most efficient and may need serviced.
- If you find ice forming on the large refrigerant line on your outside unit, set your thermostat to off and turn on the fan only. This will help thaw the ice that has formed on the lines and inside A/C coil and keep your blower moter dry. Check your filter and change if it is dirty. Watch for water around your furnace or air handler as things begin to thaw. This can be excessive and cause damage to your floor or anything near your system. Call for your unit to be serviced.
For Your Heating System
- If you have a gas furnace and it does not seem to be heating your house as it should, you can check your flame. Your furnace flame should be mostly blue in color, not yellow. Also, check for signs that the flame is causing damage, such as blackening on the outside front of the furnace or discoloring the paint from excessive heat. These are all signs that your system needs service. This applies to your gas water heater as well.
For Your Heat Pump
- Excessive ice build-up on your outside unit in the winter is a sign your unit is not defrosting properly. Call for service.
- If you have a gas furnace, water heater, stove, dryer, etc., be sure to have a good carbon monoxide detector. If anyone in your household experiences unexplained headaches, you may want to have your system checked for carbon monoxide leaks.
These are just a few of the most common signs that your system may need service. Most of these situations can be avoided with regular scheduled maintanence.